Old fireplace identification

I've got a couple of old fireplaces in my garage which came from a house I converted into flats a few years ago. I want to get rid of them to clear the garage out, but I don't know how to identify them to determine if they're worthless junk or something I could ebay.

Does anyone have any pointers, or words that I could usefully google as a starting point? Pictures are here:

I think they are victorian or edwardian based on the age of the building, but that's about it.

Reply to
Caecilius

Do a search on ebay for prices of similar, then sell on ebay or gumtree, or both.

Reply to
ss

ss

Thanks. That ebay search for victorian cast iron fireplace picked up a few similar to what I've got, which gives me a place to start.

Reply to
Caecilius

Tick the "sold listings" box to see what they've actually gone for ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

I sold one for £600 IIRC.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Where are you and what are the exact sizes, I am looking for a couple like that. (I have LV/Edwardian house but missing fireplaces)

Reply to
DJC

I bought one similar to the non-tiled after watching ebay for a while. They do sell, but don't expect a great deal - I paid £10 IIRC.

Reply to
RJH