Off-Thread replies...

Page 4 of 6

End of the corridor on the left? I'll get my coat
--
geoff

Hi Abdullah,
I'm with Brain and Grump :-)) on this point too. It is one thing getting the information you need to complete a project, but not to the have the fun of discussing what and how you finally did completed it, is really part of what this group creates.
If a question is asked correctly, then the information that you find in the first five percent of the replies is usually enough to point you in the right direction to do the job, and to continue with any more replies from others would only be covering what has probably been said at the beginning of the replies. Unless your me that is. I can make a thread last for days until everyone has said their piece about how wrong I've been in the advice I've given. :-))
See what I mean. Now this thread has gone off at all sorts of tangents. :-))
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

fun
the
days
advice
He's right you know. I think he'll back that up with a link pretty soon.
--
Toby.

NTL. Bringing you yesterday's news today, and a bit of last week's. Maybe.

Nah - geometry sets
--
geoff

tangents.
Yeah !! Geometry's for squares.
:-))
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Err ... what's your angle on this?
--
geoff

"BigWallop wrote

Now you're just being obtuse ;-)
P.
Zymurgy wrote:

I think that is a sine that the thread is wandering off topic ;-)
--
Cheers,

John.

Surely you mean "at a tangent"
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)
Bob Mannix wrote:

Maybe its be cosh we are all getting a bit too pished?
--
Cheers,

John.

writes

This thread needs a lot of circuvision and rounding off, to bring it back on topic of being on the subject of off topic.
(ow !!! need to lie down in a darkened room now) 8~)(
BigWallop wrote:

Is it? Its all greek to me :-)

Agreed, vis my question on scarfing a barge board. I never did get an answer to that point but we had a great discussion about ladder safety and the pros and cons of ladders vs platforms, wonderful.
Peter
--
Peter Ashby

getting
fun
of
But Peter, you asked your question in such a way that everyone realise you knew what to do and how to make the joints you needed in the board. They only picked up on the fact that you wanted to do it from the top of a ladder. Now That's Dangerous !!!! So you were told off for wanting to use the ladder and not because you couldn't do the job you wanted to do.
Anyway, did you get the job done safely ?
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Slated for this weekend. Looks like a bit of roof tiling is in order too. Been too wet'n'windy since I bought the ladder. I'm off up it tonight to measure up and remove a tile as an example for rummaging in the reclamation yard tomorrow morning.
Now the hard question is do I go to the reclamation yard before or after trying to find the shortest piece of barge board I can at the builder's merchants/timber yard?
Peter
--
Peter Ashby

you
They
use
Get the board first, then at least you'll get one job done. :-)) These yards can be very addictive.
"Peter Ashby" wrote | Slated for this weekend. Looks like a bit of roof tiling is | in order too.
You'd better get some slaters in before you get slaters in :-)
Owain
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 21:17:25 GMT, BigWallop wrote:

People do sometimes have some interesting problems, and whilst a few will post a follow up, I find myself often wondering about how someone managed to solve their problem, particularly considering the range of (conflicting) advice that is sometimes given. It would actually be nice to see a few more follow-up posts when projects have been completed.

Agreed, I have often wondered the same thing myself. Some people do post followups and I always find that nice, polite and often interesting.
If I manage to survive scarfing my barge board while 5m up on a ladder I shall let you all know ;-)
Peter
--
Peter Ashby

will
managed
(conflicting)
more
You don't want to do it like that !!!! You need a proper tower scaffolding. See the thread about "Scarfing a barge board".
ROFLMAO !!!!!!!
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com