No More Nails.....

Thought this would amuse.... (warning - may offend those of a politically correct disposition...)

Mike Harrison

AndyP

Reply to
andy.pevy

And the 'e y' keys seem to be producing the characters 'a r'. Oh dear! hehe

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Colin Wilson

Bugger, Chimay here

best laugh I've had for ages

Reply to
raden

In message , Colin Wilson writes

I find that offensive ...

The finger was pointing directly at me

So who's going to buy me a new keyboard then ?

Reply to
raden

Ho ho....

While we're on the subject: for what applications should you use solvent-free and solvent-based versions of 'no more nails' etc, and vice versa? The packaging info is distinctly vague!

David

Reply to
Lobster

I've studied this lots. Many hours spent experimenting.

Solvent free is much grippier than solvent based. It will grab with an extraordinary amount of force straight away. It's also a lot easier to squeeze out of the cartridge, and a lot less slumpy.

BUT - if you use it to glue a wide-ish piece of wood, like a skirting board, there is a reasonable chance that it will cause your wood to cup. This does depend on the moisture content of the wood, and also its cut. So for glueing wood solvent based is a better bet.

I buy both, and use where appropriate.

Reply to
Grunff

Hi,

I've been told solvent free is best for indoors, where the smell of solvent is unwanted, eg a new build.

Solvent based is best for outdoors and where there is a lot of humidity or it might get wet.

A lot of DIYers would take the smell for granted anyway :^)

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In message , Pete C writes

My experience with the solvent free ones it that they are not as good adhesive wise and the solvent based ones - I can't say I find the 'solvent' ones particularly smelly, compared to other glues.

But some are certainly better for some applications than others. In particular some, like NMN are of a soft consistency - easy to squash between the two items being bonded - I usually prefer this. Others are of a much stiffer consistency - probably better grab though

Reply to
chris French