No More nail, Gripfill etc.

Has anybody come across a comparative test of these 'no nails' products?

In the building trade Gripfill seems to be the only product that is trusted ... be interested how it behaves in tests.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I've never found any huge difference between them. They all seem to do their job.

Reply to
BigWallop

I've not seen any official test results. From my own experience, Gripfill sticks more securely and fills gaps better than some of the other products - but takes longer to cure. For example, if you stick a threshold strip down with Gripfill, it probably won't feel rock solid until the following day. But once set, you won't separate the items non-destructively!

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

I've generally found Gripfill better and stronger for most applications in terms of strength, but the white products like No More Nails flow better. I believe that Gripfill is solvent based but whether that makes a difference I don't know.....

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

I must admit to preferring Grip fill. The habit is from the good old days when the competition's quality control was suspect. Other stuff used to haze over as soon as you squeezed it out. In a dusty environment you had no chance, especially in warm weather.

Nowadays they're all excellent though. You just have to be quick from application to fixing.

Reply to
Michael Mcneil

Gripfill is brilliant. It also comes in a varity of strengths as defined by the colour of the packaging. I think I used the green one last, but the pink one is, I'm told, super strong.

Reply to
Scott Mills

They make a solvent and solvent free version.

Like you I have found Gripfill good, and it does seem to have the trade respect.

Reply to
Rick Hughes