Temporary hook up of gas CH ??

I had my gas meter put in yesterday, I have installed warm water Underfloor heating throughout .. I don't yet want to wire up all 14 zone actuators & thermostats, and the controller.

I want to have low level heating on in the house as the days are getting colder, my thoughts are to manually set all ground floor zones to be on at the actuators, and then use one of the downstairs digital thermostats to control the lot.

To leave the system ticking over at about 10-15 degrees.

The boiler is a Baxi Barcelona gas condensing unit . with pumped return, and a 2 port valve on the flow, this feeds a thermal store (whole of store contents circulates around boiler)

There is a separate pump for the heating circuit which circulates through a high capacity pick up coil in the thermal store.

I guess I could knock up a mains relay to activate the boiler and both pumps in parallel .

The programmable room stats are Danfoss TP5, which provide a pair of contacts switching only - not a drive capability, although I could rig one so that the mains live goes in one side of contacts and use the output (live when demand is on) to power the relay.

Anybody any ideas on doing this . a simpler way ?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Or you could just leave the system to run continuously from the boiler stat' and set the temperature low from there. Then it's just a case of making one pump run when the boiler stat' clicks on.

Reply to
BigWallop

This boiler just has a simple on off control you apply power maybe it starts (if its PCBs have not yet burnt out, if the ignition lead has not fallen off or caught fire). There is no permanent live feed - the switched feed _is_ the power to the unit.

At the same time it would be good to circulate some water through it so the pumps should go on.

Don't worry about the condensate drain it will make its own provision anyway. Perhaps a large plastic tray with a drain hole in the corner arranged like a shelf beneath the unit might be best.

Reply to
Ed Sirett