news.plus.net

Anyone finding the servers running slowly in the past couple of weeks? I'm getting time-outs when posting.

Reply to
newshound

You don't use plus.net.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Force9 is a subsidiary of plusnet, but you don't use them either.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

I can feel the force though.

Reply to
Bod

I use eternal september and know that there are filters on some threads it seems, but only due to people posting dodgy hi bit characters in messages which, I suspect looks like binaries in a text group to a usenet server which does not allow binary groups. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Oh, I get them all the time.

BT promised us FTTC within 3 months when we bought this place. We're still waiting, and the latest is that while they'll have installed the cabinets by this December (the 3rd one) they won't actually be taking orders. Meantime the phone lines on the poles into the village are sagging further and further, and getting less and less reliable. Which is a bit worrying when there's a roll of fibre coiled up half way up one of them...

My problems are all in the last couple of miles. Are you sure yours aren't?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris