help finding GFI

My outdoor plugs circuit is out (xmas lights) and usually it would be a ground fault interrupter. We are new to this house (2 year old house) and it is the first house I have been in that does not seem to have a GFI reset in the breaker box. Neither can I find any on the affected plugs. Is there something I am missing? Are they hidden somewhere weird sometimes?

Fred

Reply to
Fred

In our house, the outdoor outlets, bathroom outlets and garage outlet are all on the same GFCI circuit. Those would be the locations I'd check for the outlet with the reset button.

Reply to
CAStinneford

Check for a tripped GFCI outlet in the basement, utility room, or garage.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

A number of homes in our area have outdoor outlets on the same circuit as a bath, laundry or garage, where the GFCI is.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Cochran

My master GFI is in the upstairs master bathroom and one of the load side outlets is out on the back patio. The other night, my daughter is blow drying her hair upstairs, and yelled down to me that the power went out. I thought that was strange since just the normal lights were on upstairs. When I went outside to the panel, I noticed the upstairs Christmas outdoor lights were also out. Remembering that those lights were connected to the patio outlet, I unplugged them until she was finished, then reconnected them.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I'd check for any tripped GFI outlets inside your house. My last house had the exterior outlets connected to a GFI outlet in the dining room. Or if you live in an area of tract homes, ask a neighbor who lives in the same model house. Good luck!

Reply to
chattycat