running electrical in new CMU block walls

running electrical in new CMU block walls-

I have a bunch to do so I thought I would check in and see if I can learn the simplest methods more suitable for production work. . any tips and advice would be appreciated.

I have stubbed up out of the slab with grey pvc into the wall cavity.

From there can I run Romex to the box as the mason builds the wall, or,

do i need to use flex conduit?

How is the box attached. . . is it grouted in place or do I need some kind of concrete fastener?

How does the sequence typially work with the block man?

Reply to
robert

There is a special "mud" utility box made for these applications. A hole is made for the box to fit in, the conduit attached to the box and the CMU's blocked around the conduit or the conduit is run down the holes in the block to the mud box location. Then the box is grouted in place. The conduit sticking out the top of the CMU is attached to a junction box and from there you continue on with the appropriate wiring.

Reply to
Hank Williams