help in finding........

Hi

anyone know of a small/local (stocks everything DIY shop - not a shed) in Hertfordshire that might sell, wood screws that have a small thread in the head (Drilled and Tapped Countersunk woodscrews in the Isaac Lord catalogue) and appropriate flat chrome coverheads....?

I know Isaac Lord sells them online, but I begrudge paying £7 odd in postage for what is a £10 order. I know Isaac Lord sells them, but I am looking for a local retailer in Hertfordshire where I can just get them over the counter.

If not then I'll just have to bite the bullet and splash the cash on the delivery.

thanks

Gin

Reply to
Gin Smith

Can you not get mirror screws from a shed? The last ones I bought from Been & Queued had flat covers. Or am I missing something in your question?

HTH

John "

Reply to
John

Sound like mirror screws to me too, which you can get from a glass shop or almost any DIY shed/shop.

Reply to
BillR

sorry probably didn't specify more closely what i needed

yep you are right they are mirror screws, but with a flat cover rather than a domed cover. I spent almost all weekend at the sheds, the only place i've found them is Homebase who only have 1.5 inch screws with polished chrome covers (or brass), which are a) too long - i need 1 inch or at a push 1.25 inch screws and b) I would like satin chrome covers. In addition to that I need 50 of them and at £2.79 for a pack of 4 in homebase - it adds up....... additionally as usual for homebase they only ever seem to have 3 packs on their display.

I can get them from Isaac Lord, who is much cheaper (and i guess has a much more realistic price for such screws), but the delivery charge is about 50% of of the cost of the screws.

So I was wondering whether anyone knew of a local (Herts) place where I can just pick them up from. I'll think I'll try some local glazier

Gin

Reply to
Gin Smith

I'm afraid you'll find glaziers are not cheap for anything, even glass, at least the ones round here aren't..

Reply to
BillR

In article , Gin Smith writes

We bought a mirror and flat screws (brass) some years ago at Stevenage Glass;

Any glass merchant should have them, though.

Reply to
Peter Twydell