News Individual.Net Problems

Anyone using"news individual.net" as a news server .I've not been able to get connected for hours . Stuart

Reply to
molley

Nor have I. Nor is the web site working. Ha - it is now, and shows this message:

"Important Notice: News server maintenance ongoing NNTP access currently might be limited or impossible. Please try again later."

Great. Not.

(Google groups seems like the obvious way of posting in this circumstance. One reason I don't dismiss all posts through Google.)

-- Rod

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Yes same problem here. Server not responding

--=20 Regards David: NorthWest, England

Reply to
Vaidd

Try swapping from eu to us or vice versa. It is rare both servers are down.

Reply to
Alang

Alan, please explain more fully?

Reply to
Ophelia

Yeah.I don't understand either ..it's just news.individual.net I use .

Also I forgot they had a website ..silly me .

Reply to
molley

All OK now.

Ian

Reply to
Ian F.

Sorry wrong news server

Reply to
Alang

Ah, uk.d-i-y and uk.media.tv.misc are now NIN support groups? No? Then ever considered sending an email, genius? Nah, course not. Whatever would you do that for, eh?

Note to all users of other web, email or usenet services, or in fact any service whatsoever:

Apparently random newsgroups are _the_ place to ask "does anyone else use..." whenever you have a problem with a service. Yep, it's 2009; the year of the ignorant usenet Tard. Anything goes. Please remember to crosspost to attain the maximum ignorance factor.

Whatever you do, do not contact the sevice directly, even though they are best placed to answer, do not visit their website, even though that is the most likely place they will annouce and explain a problem and, most importantly, do not show any patience whatsoever, waiting for a problem to be resolved.

Usenet is clearly a matter of life and death, so do not hestitate to spam though another Usenet gateway because you haven't been able to access through your usual provider (that you spent about 75 pence a month on) for a few hours.

That is all.

Reply to
Froot Bat

I'm getting lots of 'Message is no longer available on the server' reports on my NIN newsgroups; presumably related. . .

Reply to
OG

I'm getting lots of messages about what's on (or not on) another server I don't give a rat's ass about and that most people in this newsgroup (umtm) don't use. Presumably related to NINers being the new AOLers.

Reply to
Froot Bat

Were you dumped this evening, or something?

Reply to
Sam Nelson

Vaidd,

The server was down for servicing earlier today - as blasted from the

website for a while - all working ok now, obviously!

Cash

Reply to
Cash

Vaidd,

Apologies - I though that you were the OP until I re-read the post (after sending mine [as usual]) - that's the problem with globally kill-filing all google and gmail accounts to cut down on the spam.

Cash

Reply to
Cash

I moved to motzarella.org when I got pissed around over them failing to take payment from 3 different credit cards.

The service is just as good, and completely free.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Motzarellea urns me down, reporting that it's `too busy' about once in four. If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Reply to
Sam Nelson

Yup. Me too.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

I won't pay for usenet out of principle frankly , not even a few pounds. I use both Motzarella and AIOE - Motzarella often tiems out under heavy load and AIOE occasionally only has some of the messages in a thread - not showing others at all.

Reply to
Sofa - Spud

Tell me about it. It took months for Click&Buy to accomplish the simple task of updating the expiry date of my MasterCard (without changing the other details) OR deleting the old record and creating a new one, OR doing any of the other things one might logically think of doing in that situation. Their website made it literally logically impossible to extricate oneself from the problem, and their customer service people repeatedly failed to understand or respond to my simple explanations of what the problem was. How it eventually got sorted out, I forget, and I never even completely knew, because I was so fed up with it that I never even read their final e-mail to me on the subject. Somehow my credit card did in the end get debited, because someone at their end must in the end have updated the details manually. It wasn't as bad as dealing with the Inland Revenue , but it made about as little sense.

If the credit card nonsense happens again, I'll look into that - thanks for the tip! Meanwhile, I'm as happy as ever with Nine Inch Nails ... sorry, News.Individual.NET ... themselves, just not their payment system. (The old payment system worked fine.)

The notice is still up there at their website:

"Important Notice: News server maintenance ongoing NNTP access currently might be limited or impossible. Please try again later."

No access problems for me since yesterday, though.

Reply to
Angus Rodgers

What principle is that? I'm a Usenet junkie myself, and also I'm always short of money, but it has never bothered me to pay

10 Euros a year to News.Individual.NET. What bothers me is that so few people these days have even /heard/ of Usenet, and keep on using appallingly clunky message board systems (or worse, blogs), while demanding improvements that were part of Usenet when it was designed.
Reply to
Angus Rodgers