new toilet and regulations

Couldn't see one at Plumbworld. Google on insert gives the type that you insert in a worktop - recessed the same. Dunno what else it would be called.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 23:52:20 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" mused:

Ah, I see the links posted by TNP were not actually what he said they were, or inferred they were anyway. My mistake, should have followed the links first.

Reply to
Lurch

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 00:26:09 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)" mused:

B1207 on page 20.

About the only one I can find atm, need t sit down with some catalogues I think.

Reply to
Lurch

The last one needs a niche building for it in the wall.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No. He cleary is - always.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

is this true even if the new toilet isn't plumbed in?

Reply to
no$spam!delete&abuse%dave

Oh., I just thought you wanted small ones.

You can recess anything into a wall. Just remove a bit of wall.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I know the ones he means (they are *meant* to be recessed) can't find them now though....

Reply to
Bob Mannix

Your nearest McDonalds ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I believe that you can have a toilet, which does not have itsiown basin, next to a bathroom. Can't remember my source though. A call to BCO will clear that one up. Might have been Tower Hamlets Supplementary Planning Guidance.

Reply to
Maris

That's closer and would do, but I've seen ones that take two conventional taps.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In message , "dave @ stejonda" writes

Sorry, that's ambiguous. I wasn't trying to be funny.

If the new toilet is not plumbed either to the water or mains drainage because it's a composting toilet, would it still need building reg. approval?

Reply to
no$spam!delete&abuse%dave

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com saying something like:

Only if you excrete the British Standard Turd more than twice daily.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

They're now deprecated units. You now have to use the 'Giscard'.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

No, irrespective of the turd ratio you need the fan.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That's him.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I have one of these basins. They're OK. But as you say, if I did it again, I would only fit one tap. Either have a mixer, or a fixed temperature mixer elsewhere fed to a single, regular tap. With a basin that small, there's just not enough space to use 2 taps! Jon.

Reply to
Tournifreak