New Power Shower-Do I Call A Plumber Or Electrician

Hello all Just bought a new power shower but do I call a plumber or an Electrician to fit it for me?

Thanks A Lot MW

--

Reply to
ioan davies

You call someone who can do both. As a plumbing & heating engineer I've had to go the whole hog of getting the qualifications and joining a "competent person" scheme so that I can legally connect a thermostat to a boiler" without involving the council building control dept. However replacing an electric shower isn't notifiable!

Bottom line I expect you'll find more plumbers who can competently and legally do electrics than sparks who have the tools and materials to do plumbing.

Reply to
YAPH

Is it a replacement or new installation?

If a simple replacement probably either. If a new installation probably both.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hello All It's a new shower to replace my old one.

Thanks for all the replies.Think I'll get the plumber in,as it won't take him to long.

Thanks A Lot MW

Reply to
ioan davies