Reply to
IMM

Reply to
IMM

Reply to
IMM

Reply to
IMM

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

diMM, you're just wasting bandwidth. The original message is there for all to see and your ostrich attitude just reinforces the message.

Reply to
Roger

Will you just bugger off and stop doing this. I'm paying to download all these stupid, stupid, stupid posts in which you do absolutely nothing, contribute nothing and just clutter up the group.

And if this comes back with "snip drivel" and abuse report is going in.

Reply to
Nick Atty

I quite agree. I have to snip them they are that bad.

Reply to
IMM

Reply to
IMM

I find it rather wry that the one who claims to be a professional heating engineer and calls other amateurs can never answer any valid points arising from his 'statements' - ie cut and paste quotes. But calls these drivel.

Every other pro on here is perfectly willing to debate their views. Because out of debate comes a better understanding of problems and their solutions. For everyone.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

< snip more drivel>
Reply to
IMM

How can you agree with a request to you not to do something? Snipping when replying *with material* is fine, but snipping and adding nothing is just moronic.

Reply to
Nick Atty

It is not worth adding anything to drivel, you only encourage the loonies.

Reply to
IMM

Forget it. Use a decent newsreader with a twit-filter - Thunderbird at

is modern, fully-functional, and free - to ignore his ramblings. Don't reply to them: it only encourages his messianic tendencies. Let others bear the burden of pointing out the many wild factual innacuracies.

The only time his actions come close to "newsgroup abuse" of a sort which is of interest to a news server operator is when he goes through one of his phases of making it difficult to twit-filter him, by changing his posting address for each "contribution". (Some newsreaders - Thunderbird included - can be set to filter on arbitrary headers, but not all readers with twit-filter (killfile) capability can, and even when you can it's more awkward than saying 'sender = snipped-for-privacy@spam.com').

On those rare occasions where he says something worthwhile, it's newsworthy enough that you'll find the (non-drivel) portion quoted in someone else's response.

HTH - Stefek

Reply to
Stefek Zaba

Oh I've got one - well, one that does that and suits me, even if it wasn't free. And it's migrated happily across when I dumped windows, which was nice.

I'm not so sure - so far he's posted 164 messages to this group containing "snip drivel" and a random selection shows that none of them have any substantial content other than that. It's not quite 164 as some of these are replies to people replying to him, but it's still well over 100. And that's just with sender = IMM

That sounds pretty close to spam as originally defined to me. Heck, it's 29 in January 2005 alone.

I just felt like having a go at him - I know it seems pointless, but it's worth the ocasional rebuke before bringing the *plonk* in.

Reply to
Nick Atty

Use of which, incidentally, would appear to violate the AUP of news.individual.net

that spam.com appears to be a valid domain belonging to Hormel Foods.

Reply to
Andy Wade

Foods.

That's interesting.

Reply to
IMM

You obviously not a very bright person. You will a couple of dickheads who persistently attend to flame me. I just snip the drivel. It is simple. It appears you like people who flame others. If you of that sort, and flame, then please go elsewhere.

Reply to
IMM

IMM's only function is to exist as a useful sort of psycho bot with which to exchange obscenities.

Now and again its worth remind people that he is in fact, not human.

Oherwise anything he says can be safely ignored. The very little knowledge he has is always available from elsewhere at twice the accuracy and half the cost.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher