New electric drill - recommendations please :)

I have finally killed my (vintage?) Bosch CSB 400-2 drill. It served me and my father well over the years, but finally succumbed to my attempts to replace one of the bearings (long story...)
I would like to hear your opinion as to which make and model electric drill you use or have been happy with...
I will use it for "normal" DIY, including concrete (up to 10mm drill), steel (not so big!), wood etc. hammer needed, speed control not necessary (I have an seperate electronic speed controller), reversing not necessary (I have a seperate Bosch screwdriver). Would prefer 220V, not rechargeable...
I have seen a Matika HP 8450, and a Metabo SBE 560, but will search more in the following days...
Thanks ;)

If you're serious about drilling masonry, you need an SDS drill - hammer is a waste of time. Then you can buy a cheap and cheerful non hammer drill for everything else.
--
*Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Sounds like you need as SDS drill, which can also do chiselling. SCrewfix do a Makita for around 120. Argos do a good Bosch for 99. For a simple general purpose drill to accompany the SDS, buy a 13-15 cheapo from Argos, B&Q, etc. Once you have an SDS you will never look back.

Also see the current thread on the JCB SDS drill.

Before this thread get absorbed into the JCB SDS drill thread, I am not that rich!!! can't afford two drills!!! (her indoors won't accept that either!!!)
Masonry is not my primary target! mainly plastic (I make things out of perspex/PVC) and wood...

If you are thinking of buying a Makita, you could afford two cheap drills. If I had any masonry work to do at all, I'd prefer a 29.99 NuTool to the most expensive standard hammer on the market. Add a 20 quid hammer drill with reverse and trigger control and you're laughing. Why pay more? (Unless you are in the trade, so could benefit from something that will provide better duty cycles before giving in). As wood and plastic are such easy materials to work with, the 20 quid drill would surely be fine.
Christian.

IMHO if you want an accurate drill for this sort of thing you need to stay clear of using it on masonry ever - it knackers the bearings more quickly.
It's a fact of life that no general purpose tool will be as good as those made specifically for the job.
--
*There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works *