Moving stone

Yesterday I made three trips with my neighbour and my trailer, in which we transported all the bits of the stone that we could lift between us, without either of us hurting himself. The haul amounts to about one quarter or less of the total. All the remaining pieces are at least twice as big. My feeble rotary hammer made no impression on them; neither did my neighbour's sledgehammer (now broken) and pick (now bent). Next step is to hire or borrow some kind of breaker. Any ideas what level of power tool would be needed for the job?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Give me job and I'll finish the tools :-) I think I might contact a local stonemason and pick his brains. If you can't get it off the ground, I imagine it's going to be difficult to cut it

Reply to
Stuart Noble

diamond grinder, plus wedges and water..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher