MK RCBO wiring

I have lost the instructions that came with the unit.

What is the function of the blue and white wires?

Thanks.

Reply to
Les Desser

Blue (thick) is the connection to the neutral bar, and white (thin) is the connection to the earth bar, if it's the same as ones I've installed in the past.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Also remember to connect the circuit neutral to the RCBO's neutral connection, and not take it back to the neutral bus bar directly!

Reply to
John Rumm

In article , Andrew Gabriel Thu, 29 Dec 2005 23:53:02 writes

Thank you and John.

Obvious really now I think about it, but the white colour threw me. Why is it not green/yellow?

Reply to
Les Desser

Probably because it is a functional earth, and not a safety earth (at least in the normal sense of a circuit protective conductor or equipotential bonding conductor). Cream is the standard colour for functional earth wires.

Reply to
Alistair Riddell

In article , Alistair Riddell Fri, 30 Dec 2005 08:51:04 writes

Thank you.

Reply to
Les Desser