Minimum Ceiling Height .

I am about to replace my bathroom false celing with a "proper" ceiling and wondered if there was a minimum height for ceilings .I Googled for this and found some suggestions that 2.14 Mtrs was the minimum ..I'm wanting to make the height so that when I do the walls I can use sheets of 2400mm Gyproc for the height .

Stuart ps.I'm in Scotland .

Reply to
Stuart

Not any more.

That would give the standard room height for this reason (or is it the other way around).

I'd be inclined to make the walls a little taller, say 30mm, to avoid too much trimming. The gap will be covered by the skirting board.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

I had thought of this ...as you say the skirting will cover the gap at the bottom Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

None? Hmm. do I really need 8' tall rooms, or could I sublet out the 'second floor'.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

AFAIK there's no minimumu height from a Building Regs perspective (other than over a stairway) which has always struck me as being a little odd...

Ah well, all bets are off then! (the above is for England, YMMV)

David

Reply to
Lobster

|Stuart wrote: |> I am about to replace my bathroom false celing with a "proper" ceiling |> and wondered if there was a minimum height for ceilings . | |AFAIK there's no minimumu height from a Building Regs perspective (other |than over a stairway) which has always struck me as being a little odd...

There was one years ago, ???% of the floor area must be over ???height. When I put the extension in the ceiling height only nicely made the regs.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop