Milliput - diesel proof?

As per subject - Can anyone confirm whether or not Milliput is proof against diesel fuel?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I don't know how Milliput itself holds up (wouldn't expect much), but its bond to other materials fails if you soak it with most similar hydrocarbons.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Andy Dingley explained :

Thanks Andrew - all sorted now.

The consensus of opinion was that a tiny diesel leak around my car's fuel cooler radiator, was most often due to the tiny metal fatigue cracks where the pipe stubs meet the alloy radiator. A quick look seemed to confirm that diagnosis, so I was looking for some means to re-seal it - hence the Milliput.

As it turned out, the leak was actually from where the rubber flexible pipe fits onto the stub. Cutting the pipe back and fitting a new Jubilee clip cured it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

don't see why it shouldn't work for diesel too, even nasty biodiesel).

Reply to
newshound