Marley Equator - plastic plumbing

I've got a small amount of re-plumbing to do (Hot and cold water - 15mm +

22mm). I intend using the push fit plastic stuff and had a look in B&Q today. I was rather confused - they do 3 different types of plastic push fit plumbing systems - Speedfit, Polyplumb and Marley Equator. I liked the look of the Marley stuff - and it was cheaper than Speedfit. Has anyone used it? Any problems with it?

Second question - all three systems say *not* to use a hacksaw for cutting the plastic pipes. I had intended using my mitre saw but assume this is a no no as well. Any idea why? As I only have around half a dozen cuts to make, buying a plastic pipe cutter seems a bit OTT although I will if necessary.

TIA.

Reply to
Troy

The Marley is the most recent product and is very good. If you've got some decent garden secatuers these do just as good a job as the pipe cutter. just try to keep the cut square.

Reply to
BillR

Just buy the pipe cutter - they're less than a tenner, and will save you a lot of time. Don't use any type of saw.

Reply to
Grunff

In message , Troy writes

I assume it's because that if you use a hacksaw then it is harder to keep the cut square and you need to make sure that all the swarf is removed and the end is cleaned up.

If they just say 'don't do it' then they have covered themselves if someone does and then they have a problem.

The cutters do make life much easier and quicker, but as an alternative I've used a Stanley knife to cut Hep20 with no problem.

Reply to
chris French

I rate it the best of the plastic systems of: Hep2O, Speedfit, Osma Gold and Polyplumb. The fittings are metal encapsulated with metal pipe inserts. The only company to do this. Equator pipe has an oxygen barrier. Hepworth and Polyplumb have two different pipe types. One with a barrier and one without, all others have the barrier.

Reply to
IMM