Loft Insulation

all
broaden
Well, last time I looked San Diego was in California, one of the United States of America and UCSD does a BA in Computer Science. As does no less an establishment that Yale, though your inverted snobbery probably rails at that. So you could add "or the US" to your closing statement. And then the always Oxford (though we all know how much you hate that place) which also does a BA in Comp Sci. So maybe your closing statement would be better as ".. unless in Ireland, the United States or the UK." .And I don't recal Stefek enlightening us as to the establishment where he studied, so once again you utter pronouncments based on inadequate information. Closely followed by a bout of backpedaling.
Cheers Clive

College
an
Oxbridge doesn't count. The content of these courses must be web design.

apart
of
less
the
also
as
Soooo predictable. And the Oxford course covers such subject areas as Formal Program Design, Programming Languages, Databases, Compilers, Object Oriented Programming, Algoithms and Data Structures, etc, etc. No web design though.
Cheers Clive

worst
United
at
recal
once
design.
Formal
Oriented
though.
The Cambridge one also has bridge building in it.

Indeed. As anyone with a functioning memory or the gumption to use Google will remember/discover, that BA in CompSci is from the University of Heslington's Oversize Duckpond, viz., York. Emulating the habits of IMM's least favoured institutions of perspiring dreams, at the time I graduated - 1981 - York went in for allowing its eager students to choose the title of their science degrees as either "B.Sc." or "B.A."; natural perversity led me to the latter.
Still, if it isn't in a current supplier's catalogue, why would IMM know about it?
Stefek

broaden
Wow you took the title BA? Wow! Do you get these BAs from a catalogue?

Universities such as Cambridge and the other one always award a BA.

But the snotty ones don't count.
writes

The Open University.
J.
--
John Rouse

Wrong, I'm afraid.
Christian.
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:40:07 -0000, "Christian McArdle"

I did an OU course several years ago and the end result would have been a BA. Has this changed?
PoP

Yes. The preponderance of scientific, engineering or arts units determines if the result is a BA, BSc or BEng. There are also named degrees that require you to complete specific named courses. You can get a BA (Honours) History if you take A220, A221, AA312, AA303 and a few other options, for example.
Christian.
On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 11:24:27 -0000, "Christian McArdle"

Okay, thanks for that. I started a BA course in the early 80's - did one year (M101), figured it was too hard investing the amount of time required and trying to build a career at the same time.
Now that the career is a fond memory maybe I should think again.....wonder what the yearly fee is? I seem to recall it was about 600 20 years ago.
PoP

There is no yearly fee. Each course has a cost which varies with the resources required to teach and examine it. Arts courses are cheaper than science ones. Cost compare very favourably with normal universities last time I looked.
Christian.
PoP wrote in message ...

When I was trying to get IT work, all I got offered was wallpapering. Now that I'm an odd job man people have started asking me to do Access databases. Weird eh? I'm currently doing one for a CORGI fitter so I'll make damned sure I overcharge him and leave lots of loose ends so that he can leave me ansaphone messages that I won't reply to.
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:33:04 -0000, "stuart noble"

IT jobs were as common as rocking horse pooh last year. It seems to be picking up again now - I am getting a constant stream of IT agencies asking if I'm available to take on work.
I really don't want to go back to sitting behind a keyboard 5 days a week. I may be earning a lot less than I was, but my quality of life has improved substantially.
PoP

Hmmm, I'm going to come out of the woodwork here and admit to a degree in computer science. However, my shoulders are broad and I've tangible evidence of my ability to "achieve anything of a practical nature" so I reckon I can cope :^)
Cheers Clive

A BA?

can
Don't overestimate your own ability.

for
in
Wouldn't dream of it. Unlike a certain abbreviated individual who appears incapable of doing otherwise.
Cheers Clive

Scientology ?

--
Andrew