Loft Insulation

Oh my gawd. Of all the useless berks I have ever employed, apart from 'media and womens studies', computer scientists are the worst of all for sheer inability to achieve anything of a practical nature.

I might have guessed.

All theory and no comprehension of real life.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

you are that bluffer from the snotty uni aren't you?

Reply to
IMM

Hey, that's my BA you're impuning here ;-)

(But I think I can take it...)

Stefek

Reply to
stefek.zaba

Hmmm, I'm going to come out of the woodwork here and admit to a degree in computer science. However, my shoulders are broad and I've tangible evidence of my ability to "achieve anything of a practical nature" so I reckon I can cope :^)

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

BA in computer science. That is a BSc.

Reply to
IMM

Not necessarily. Or, in other words, you're wrong again. Trinity College Dublin does a BA in Comp Sci, and many Universities do combined BA Comp Sci/Maths, Comp Sci and Accounting, etc. Come on old chap, try to broaden your knowledge. Ditch the chip on your shoulder.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

Well the Irish would.

Pure computing is not a BA...unless in Ireland.

Reply to
IMM

A BA?

Don't overestimate your own ability.

Reply to
IMM

Well, last time I looked San Diego was in California, one of the United States of America and UCSD does a BA in Computer Science. As does no less an establishment that Yale, though your inverted snobbery probably rails at that. So you could add "or the US" to your closing statement. And then the always Oxford (though we all know how much you hate that place) which also does a BA in Comp Sci. So maybe your closing statement would be better as ".. unless in Ireland, the United States or the UK." .And I don't recal Stefek enlightening us as to the establishment where he studied, so once again you utter pronouncments based on inadequate information. Closely followed by a bout of backpedaling.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

Wouldn't dream of it. Unlike a certain abbreviated individual who appears incapable of doing otherwise.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

Oxbridge doesn't count. The content of these courses must be web design.

Reply to
IMM

Indeed. As anyone with a functioning memory or the gumption to use Google will remember/discover, that BA in CompSci is from the University of Heslington's Oversize Duckpond, viz., York. Emulating the habits of IMM's least favoured institutions of perspiring dreams, at the time I graduated - 1981 - York went in for allowing its eager students to choose the title of their science degrees as either "B.Sc." or "B.A."; natural perversity led me to the latter.

Still, if it isn't in a current supplier's catalogue, why would IMM know about it?

Stefek

Reply to
stefek.zaba

Soooo predictable. And the Oxford course covers such subject areas as Formal Program Design, Programming Languages, Databases, Compilers, Object Oriented Programming, Algoithms and Data Structures, etc, etc. No web design though.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

Wow you took the title BA? Wow! Do you get these BAs from a catalogue?

Reply to
IMM

The Cambridge one also has bridge building in it.

Reply to
IMM

Universities such as Cambridge and the other one always award a BA.

Reply to
G&M

But the snotty ones don't count.

Reply to
IMM

In article , bystander writes

I hadn't appreciated that insulation was the art of insulting people.

John

Reply to
John Rouse

In article , G&M writes

The Open University.

J.

Reply to
John Rouse

Mr bystander is one of our regulars pretending to be someone else.

Reply to
IMM