Loft Insulation

example

I have been vindicated by the completely fair, open and balanced investigation held by the IMM.

Reply to
Neil Jones

Look again.

Reply to
IMM

Well that must be reassuring then :)

PoP

PoP

I removed old tatty 100mm glassfibre insulation to 150mm Rockwool and

300mm over the main bedroom. The main bedroom was certainly cooler than the other bedrooms in August.

It is certainly "a lot" cooler in summer and warmer in winter and that is what matters to me. There must savings in heating bills. I can't put a figure on being cool as I never paid a/c bills before I put the insulation in.

Reply to
timegoesby

Insulation would only become more expensive if there was really a very limited supply of raw materials for it. There's not really, is there? So if energy gets much more expensive there'll be more demand for insulation material, which in turn means: higher volume of manufacture

-> economy of scale -> cheaper product; bigger market -> more competition -> cheaper product; bigger market -> more incentive for R&D to find better and cheaper insulating products -> cheaper and/or better product.

Reply to
Steve Toledo-Brown

I've missed the beginning of this thread so I apologise if I am going over old ground, but please could you tell me if this is reasonable. I have had a company in this morning who have quoted me on fitting loft insulation. We have a reasonably small sized end of terraced three bedroomed house and they have quoted 10 inches of insulation. The price that they have quoted is £125.00, is this amount about right, we are in the London area (don't know if that makes a difference!)

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Sarah Hodge

Rockwool is made by melting rocks. This is energy intensive.

Reply to
IMM

250mm. Sound a decent price to me and a decent thickness too.
Reply to
IMM