lift off hinges or something

Am making some cold-frames and want hinges which also separate so that I can lift off the tops completely, Any suggestions? thanks

Jacob

Reply to
owdman

You mean like these ..

would need to slide the top sideways to remove it .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

The message from snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com contains these words:

cheap, but then I don't suppose you need many.

Failing that, some screw eyes and screw hooks to mate with 'em.

Reply to
Guy King

Thats it ta. Didn't realise they were actually called 'lift off hinges' or I would have googled!

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
owdman

Rising butts would be the easy way. They're used on doors to clear a carpet, etc. As the door opens it goes up on a sort of cam. These allow the door to be lifted off as well. On a cold frame it would mean the top would go sideways slightly as you opened it but I doubt this would matter.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The Medway Handyman