Kitchen Ideas?

I've almost finished kitchen as shown here:

'm struggling to decide what to do the walls, thinking tiles (gloss white brick tiles), but not sure what the far wall would like tiled.

Anyway, I=92m open to suggestions!

Thanks

Se=E1n

Reply to
DrLargePants

It tile where the cooker stuff is, for easy cleaning, and also the splash-back. But just paint the rest

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Tile above the worktop to form a splashback + just emulsion the walls. I would box in the boiler if possible. Maybe build a wall cabinet around it, but make sure the clearances around the boiler are respected. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

So tiles on the left and the right ? Hmm, that's what my missus sugested! (not that its a bad idea)

With regard to that, (its not that obvious on this photo), there are two sockets by the bolier that could do with having tiles behind as they don't look to clever in the plaster (gap which is impossible to fill between them, unless anyone knows better), but I don't want the tiles sticking out infront of the the worktop.

Reply to
DrLargePants

Was planning on boxing above and below using left over cabinet sides, but leaving the front of it visible (reason being if you box the front in it will end up chopping the end of the window off which would look weird from outside.

Reply to
DrLargePants

A black sink? My brother had one of those and apparently water scale turns it white.

As for the far wall, it's not a huge area so tiling is one of the simplest options (being resistant to condensation). Although take care with white gloss tiles that it doesn't resemble a public toilet...

Reply to
BartC

Yes its granite, and yes you do get lime scale on it if you don't dry it off. Didn't realise that when I bought it! It was cheap anyway, from a closing down Focus.

I was looking at gloss tiles and black grout, and yes public toilet did spring to mind...

Reply to
DrLargePants

If you have an extractor over the hob then get your local metal damager to bend up a bit of s/s so that you can have a custom splashback that fills the worktop-extractor gap and is as wide as it needs to be to fit between whatever is on either side. I got 6mm (I think) flanges folded on the top and sides then glued it to some MDF that I had screwed to the wall as a backer. Finished by tiling up to the edges. 5+ years later and it still looks great.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

It looks a small space, so get large white tiles, say 8x8ins or

8x10ins, but make sure they are rippled, otherwise IT WILL look like a public toilet. Forget black grout, too much contrast will tend to make it look smaller. Don
Reply to
Donwill

Interesting, I will look in to it :)

Reply to
Sean Connolly

I wouldn't recommend textured tiles. They are a bugger to clean.

I have large gloss white tiles in one bathroom and it definitely does not look like a public toilet ;-)

Reply to
Mark