Gnomes

What ratio sand : cement should I use to cast gnomes in latex moulds? Soft sand or sharp sand?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

try 100% sand.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Oh *good*.

Any more? ;-)

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

2:1 if you must ..that should be more or less frost proof, and will pockmark nicely with the odd Purdey blast from passing drug dealers.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thank you. Soft sand or sharp? ;-)

Plenty of gunfire to be heard round our way, but it's usually directed at the Defenceless Rabbit.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Eddie Grundy may be along around 19:00 and he has vast experience casting gnomes :)

Failing that, ISTR the BBC recommended a mix of hard fat and chopped nuts warmed gently and poured into garden gnome moulds as a way of populating a bird table :))

Reply to
Robin

Yes.

You haven't met the killer trained Suffolk Attack Fluffy Rabbit then?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Now there's an excellent idea for school Christma Fayre products!

Reply to
Andy Dingley

directed

Is that relation of the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Also snowpeople, easter rabbits, etc.

(If you can find a chip shop frying in dripping to get the fat from)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , geraldthehamster writes

Cast them in a film with Snow White

Reply to
geoff

Richard,

After reading the humorous responses to your post - and having imbibed a few glass strong bourbon, I thought that I would dig up and post this link for you referring the place in Cornwall where many gnomes are 'born and sold into garden slavery' so that you could, if you wish, ask their advice on the correct mix of the potion you require.

omissions and errors can be blamed on the bourbon and not me m'lud - as after having the grandchildren for the day, I needed some severe medication for stress relief! LOL

Cash

Reply to
Cash

I was looking forward to a morning's happy browsing, rather than working. What a crap website.

They're probably all plastic anyway. Can't be doing with plastic gnomes.

Cheers Richard (bringing suburbia to the countryside since 2007)

Reply to
geraldthehamster

IMHO displacement activity is always to be encouraged so how about switching to planning your trip to the States for

"Concrete Casting - Gnomes Session K

Time: June 06, 2011: 7:00 PM - 8:30 PM

Two-Day workshop includes instruction, all materials & information for the care & history of your creation. Visit Cornerstone Creations at 548 Main St., Sturbridge to pick out your mold (Thurs-Sun 11 AM-7 PM).

Date: June 6 & 8, 7-8:30 PM Fee: $22 for residents of Brimfield, Wales, Sturbridge and Holland, all others add $5 Instructor: Pete Robitaille"

Failing that you could try contacting the guy?

Reply to
Robin

Definitely.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's only a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Mmmmmm....gnomes....latex......mmmmmm