In-line water filter

We have a spring water supply that breeds small shrimp-like things in the pipes in summer. They are about 2mm long and they can block the nozzle on the inside of the ballcock, which is a pain. So far this summer I have had to go up in the roof to unblock it about half a dozen times. This is typically late at night when I am running a bath and find there is no water!
I would like to install an in-line removable filter in an accessible place with a stop cock each side of it so that I can remove the filter and clean it out and avoid climbing about in the roof. Does anyone know of such a product?
Thanks
--
Jonathan Ward
Remove the 'X' when replying
Jonathan Ward wrote:

Our mains (which comes from a well/reservoir) passes through 2x 10" cartridge filters (20um then 5um) before reaching the house. You can get the filter housing from any water treatment place at about 20 each, and the filters at about 3 each.
Use full-bore ball valves either side of the filters.
--
Grunff

says...

pipes

inside

the

with

Thanks for this. forgive my ignorance but what is a full-bore valve?
--
Jonathan Ward
Remove the 'X' when replying