In Line Water Filter Advice wanted.

I am thinking about installing a SIMPLE inline water filter. I just want a basic filter, not a water softener or some kind of resin - ion exchanger unit. I would like one where I can see the filter and turn a valve to shut off the water, unscrew the filter, replace it and turn the water back on. However, I don't want to spend hundreds of dollar per filter. The filter on my fridge's icemaker is about $30 - $40 each....crazy. I would like to remove sediment, chlorine and whatever else I can.....lead for instance. If it can be whole house that would be great and if not I'd be happy with just filtering the kitchen water. We are on public water and it is very good from what I have been told and the taste it fine. IT is better with the chlorine gone . Any advice on this? Say price and time inivolved to place it. Can I buy a kit of some kind? Thanks Bonniepeebles

Reply to
Bonniepeebles

Every home and hardware store carries them under different brand names. Get a housing and carbon filter and you will have good tasting water. No need to do the whole house, we just do the kitchen.

In my case I'm able to put it in the kitchen feed cold water line on the basement ceiling. One of many available

Ed Pawlowski

No specific advice but reading this may help you narrow your search.

dadiOH