I'm not getting anything

Page 2 of 2

OY! Don't blame me for that!

No, avoid the heat by going to the next one.
Mary

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:14:25 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

Let's see. Bracknell to Leeds-ish. Set off early Sunday morning, can be there by Friday lunchtime.
I think not......
PoP

You don't have to walk. And we have a spare bed.

Go on, expand your mind. How will you identify yourself?
Mary

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 17:11:30 -0000, "Mary Fisher"

I'm talking about driving my tractor-lookalike vehicle.

Same as I did for the southern get-together. I stand at the bar and shout "My Round!".
PoP
"PoP" < snipped-for-privacy@anyoldtripe.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...
Mary Fisher wrote: under that subject heading! But in my list of messages/posted subject headings it showed as "Not getting any"!
I must admit I did a bit of a double take. When I first read it! And I was surprised; Mary being very much a respectable lady.
But reminds me of a story about messages that were sent to and from the once very isolated 'outports' (equivalent I guess of the Australian 'outstations', of this Canadian province by means of a daily radio broadcast called "The Doyle Bulletin".
Typical messages were along the lines of; "Fity bags of salt on S.S. Kyle for (delivery to) you at Port Saunders next voyage. Contact ships agent for details". Or; "Beth left hospital expects return home Sunday by Hudson's motorboat. Please meet (her) at Rushoon." etc. etc.
Today we've got telephones the internet, mobile and satellite phones etc. etc. so the Doyle bulletin is long gone. It certainly served a useful purpose and also on occasion averted tragedies which were all too common in inshore fishing from remotely scattered communities.
One, often quoted, message, was read as follows; "To my husband. Not getting any. Better come home." It should have read; "To my husband. Not getting any better. Come home."
:-)

Who's been spreading such a vile calumny?
I shall go no further ...
Mary
I'm wondering if I'm getting it now.
Mary