HD for a desktop

The DVD players seem still to work ok. I assume you're meaning a fault on the 12v rail?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It actually performs ok for my needs. I do wonder about the life of SSD, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have a second desktop PC which isn't much used - but is handy when needed.

If its a Seagate they replace FOC if its still under their warranty (often 5 years). Download their free test software, it will test the drive, possibly fix it, and tell you if its under warranty. It will test and fix other makes as well.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I thnk I saw an article in the Register saying that SSD was now actually better than disks on a reasonable duty cycle.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In this particular case the machine only gets occasional use, so it might be more about shelf life. I've got little used memory cards or sticks that no longer work.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , The Other Mike writes

WD Blacks are still 5yrs so that is what I am using at the mo.

50quid for 500GB so still pretty cheap:

fred