Has anyone used/found a use for Sugru?

I presume you need a new glue gun each time you use it then?

Reply to
Peter Parry

I don't know about "best", but this might be worth a try:

a perfect substitute, advantages and disadvantages listed at

Alan Braggins

On Aug 15, 4:27=A0pm, newshound wrote: I've moulded up a lot of plugs

Mostly I've used a sacrificial socket. The particular sockets I have in mind are on mil-surplus kit where the kit boxes (and sockets) are easy to find, but the wiring harness (and plugs) between them is like hen's teeth. All I've used as release agent is a coating of silicone grease. The battery connectors are done with a jig made of two spare pins in a bit of MDF.

Epoxy is runnier when fresh, so it tends to get everywhere.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

For the uses I've made of Sugru - generally involving moulding to shape - hot-melt glue would be entirely unsuitable (and I'm not sure how you could successfully colour it). Personally I think Sugru is wonderful stuff, but it is expensive and the relatively short shelf- life is an issue.

Richard.

Richard Russell

load it with microballoons. Then it doesn't run at all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

"stay hard when cool" doesn't mean "stay hard when hot"!

Reply to
dennis

Fake Sugru can be made with silicone and sodium bicarb. Google for it - it's on 'instructibles'.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon