hanging upvc doors

Hi there

Thinking of replacing old wooden doors with UPVC.

Was going to do it myself as I'm a competent DIY'er but wondered if there was any good info/website to make sure I get it right.

Also anything I should look out for / avoid when buying a upvc door? Finally, if I fit it myself would there a problem with lack of warranty and build regs?

Thanks for your comments.

Matt

Reply to
MP

From experience do it in hot weather. If you do it now and the clearances are minimal it will droop in hot weather and the door will rub the frame.

Maybe I did it wrong or a cheap door but never again, I'll stick with ally or wooden doors.

Try and find out how rigid the door is, this depends on the quality of the metal frame inside the upvc.

Chris

Reply to
Ozzie

U-Fit do doors for DIYers..