Handle/ knob for patio doors

I want to put venetian blinds at the patio doors in the recess. After taking measurements, I have noticed that the door handle (more a handle than a knob really) was protruding slightly, which would only give me 1-2cms to work the blind into the recess. Is there such a thing as new handles for a double glazed pation door? Any ideas how I can fit the blind in the recess with such little space? Thanks, Simulet