Half size silicone sealant?

True.

Yes, that technique has been mentioned elsewhere and I'll give it a try (thanks).

I find it can usually push out from the outside in (when the nozzle is removed).

Or more expensive when bought in fancy craft shops etc. ;-(

I have bought several tubes of good quality silicone (Aquaseal mSeal

595, 80ml 'Marine grade silicone sealant') from our local market for £1 / go. I think it's end_of_line and you have to check each tube as you pick it up as I noted some have already gone off (I guess it only need a tiny spit in the tube to kill the lot).

I'll see if he has any left when I see him next. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The DG installers I've seen use super glue for the trims. Used with a curing agent spray it goes off instantly

Reply to
stuart noble

Hmm, you can get tubes that are more or less identical but filled with different gunk, and the difference in cost is substantial.

Reply to
GB

The shelf price is mostly determined by what the market will pay for it and not some naive cost plus formula on the raw ingredients.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Yes, when sticking uPVC to itself. When sticking / filling trim to walls and surrounds they seem to use silicone and loads of it.

The elderly in-laws had a bay window replaced by one of the 'bigger' DG boys. Long sort they made a right mess of it and the house owners wouldn't let them back in the property (I know ... ). ;-(

The internal windowsill was held up by several (wobbly) stacks of spacers siliconed together and siliconed to the inside of the frame.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Is the Dow Corning sealant really that much better?

Reply to
GB