Grey silicone sealant

I need to get hold of some silicone sealant for using on part of the bathroom floor, but the snag is that aesthetically it needs to be grey. The usual sources (the sheds, Screwfix, Toolstation) can do white, clear, and brown, but not grey. Does anyone know where I can find some?

(Actually, Toolstation *do* have low modulus building sealant in portland colour, and polysulphide sealant in grey; but I'm not sure if polysulphide is OK for a bathroom floor? I did get some of the building sealant but it says 'external use only' and 'skins in 4-6 hours' which doesn't sound suitable.)

Reply to
Tony Eva

You're sure you're not supposed to be using grout?

work. Claims to be marine, but is high modulus acetoxy (vinegar smelling), so I suspect will work as a general purpose bathroom sealant.

is a polyurethane building sealant, but claims suitability with "flooring".

No guarantees that either product is what you want.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

In message , on Fri,

15 Oct 2004, Tony Eva writes

I used a grey polyurethane sealant when I lined my en-suite with Mermaid panels, both in the panel joints and around the gap between the lower edges of the panels and the tiled floor. ISTR that Mermaid recommended a particular PU sealant by name, however the stuff cost more than 14 pounds a tube.

I bought similar stuff from a local motor factors for less than half the price. It's used in the motor industry for panel bonding and sealing.

Phil

Reply to
Philip Stokes

In article , Tony Eva writes

Grey is out there as I'm looking at a half used tube of Unibond waterproof Super all purpose sealant in grey, which I used in our bathroom. I would have purchased it in either a B&Q or Wickes. Made by Henkel Home Improvement & Adhesive Products, Winsford, Cheshire tel: 01606 593933, if a call to them might help.

Reply to
Peter Elsden

In message , Tony Eva writes

Keep looking, I got some from Homebase a year or so ago

Reply to
mike. buckley

Is your Google broken??? Have a look at.

pjdesign

You can colour sealant. All you need to do is to find a compatible colour, and mix it in. Take some white, and add some carbon-black, and it goes grey.

Reply to
Ian Stirling