Vinyl tiles & silicone sealant

I'm putting down self-adhesive vinyl tiles in the kitchen but some of the edges are not quite level.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't use kitchen & bathroom silicone sealant to ensure these edges remain stuck down?

Reply to
Wesley

If they are not level, your floor is not flat enough and in my experience they will come up. Not just at the edges either. Any little bit of crap seems to defeat the glue.

Reply to
harry

If they are not level, your floor is not flat enough and in my experience they will come up. Not just at the edges either. Any little bit of crap seems to defeat the glue.

I've had vinyl tiles on the floor already and its just at some of the edges they dont stick so well. That's why I'm thinking of using silicone

Reply to
Wesley

Yes, and that reason is it's s**te as an adhesive, it's not bad in /some/ situations but it has no grab qualities, use a proper adhesive like gripfast or similar and weight down each tile.

Reply to
Phil L