Guttering

No it isn't. You have posted your comment before a ream of untrimmed irrelevance. Did you actually read the link I provided, or do you just know best?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

You obviously don't want to communicate.

*plonk*
Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

i just know best.

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Thanks Mary. It will be usefull. How big is your house, for cost comparisons sake. i have a large cottage.

Thanks

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

Spouse says it ws £400, all fitting included.

Ours is a 'larger' semi detached house, about 8 metres wide, 9 metres deep.We also have a small guttered porch which was also guttered.

The guttering is great, no leaks, no overflow even in the heaviest rain (such as we had yesterday - 2" in 30 minutes, I measured) and it means we can save a lot more water in butts for the garden, thus saving on our metered water bills. And no maintenance.

The workmen were efficient and co-operative.

And I don't give a toss about what anyone else says about it. Our experience is all that matters to us.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

How did you find the company who did the work? are they a national outfit or local?

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

They were local (Leeds, Yorkshire).

I hate to say it but a large card was put through the door. I discarded it - but remembered it because it was well printed and in perfect English.

A few days later we asked a neighbour who had done his guttering, he said that company, he said how pleased he'd been with their efficiency and the result. Later we asked someone else, got the same company and the same response. So Spouse telephoned to ask for a quote.

The chap came round, measured up, went away and sent an exemplary printed quote. He couldn't do the job for a couple of weeks because he was going way. He did it when he came back - and while in conversation it turned out that he was in the same form as one of our daughters at school

That's irrelevant, just made the whole thing more memorable.

While we're also very pleased with the cavity wall insulation I can't remember any such details about that company!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

many thanks for your help! Dont s'pose you have any pictures of it you coud send me? dont put yourself out though.

Cheers!

steve

Reply to
r.p.mcmurphy

I could take some but you wouldn't be any wiser, it just looks like, well, guttering.

Neverthelss, I'll take the old shoebox outside now.

see you lter.

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher