Sources for 140mm square guttering

The house build continues, and it's time to put the guttering up.

I need to join to the guttering on the next door house, which is 140mm square plastic. My problem is I can't find this size anywhere. I'm measuring the 140mm across the top of the existing gutter.

I guess it could be an imperial size. The next door house is 1930s, so it won't be original guttering. I don't have any idea when it was fitted.

Does anyone know a source for this size square guttering, or if there are any kinds of adapters that could be used to connect it to the standard size?

Reply to
Caecilius

I have had some success joining uPVC guttering of different sizes and profiles together. Briefly you get a fitting for the one you can buy and weld it to a sheet of uPVC. The you weld the sheet to the old gutter (off the house) so that you have a fitting on the end of the gutter, but a plate blocking it. Then you cut out the plate so that water can flow between them (dremmel), and do something about the outside too.

How do you weld uPVC? You need to make a plate welder, its a piece of steel plate with an insulated handle. You heat it with a blowtorch or on a gas ring to dull red heat, just touch the gutter end to it and then immediately to the uPVC sheet - it helps if the sheet is quite hot too, but not melting. Needs a sure hand and a few practices.

You can also use PVC cement, but in the end it always goes brittle and breaks in the UV daylight.

TOF.

Reply to
TheOldFellow

Thanks for the idea. If I can't source the same size, or a proper adapter, I'll give that a go.

Reply to
Caecilius

Thanks - I found the manufacturer and they still supply it. I don't know why I didn't think of this myself!

Reply to
Caecilius