Hi I'm New / Gravel & Slate

Hi I am new here. I am a total newbie to gardening as well : )

I have a small garden (approx 25ft by 20ft) some of which is decked.

At the bottom of the decking we have grass but after getting in a gardener and having it re-turfed and re-seeding it's not working so thinking of laying either gravel or slate but adding raised borders to brake it and keep it looking pretty.

Any tips? Would slate look odd as i prefer it to gravel?

Does anyone have any pictures of their gravel / slate gardens please

Reply to
Rookie1510

I presume you have a townhouse or something similar so why would you want to "pave" over your garden area? Of course you could intermingle perennials between the breaks in the slate or you could put containers on top of the gravel, but don't you like the color green just grey? If grass doesn't grow, why would you want a grass patch of 20X25 to mow anyway? There are many things you can do, but I don't have any pictures except those on how to proagate perennials. Not the anser you are looking for but.

bullthistle

It'll be much easier to lift the gravel "tiles" out of the way to weed. And no matter what you do (with one exception), you will have weeds. The exception: Treat weeds constantly with some sort of weed killer. You don't want to do that.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Reply to
dr-solo