"Lucky Bamboo"

I have a lucky bamboo plant that, since I have been leaving outside, has been turning yellow in color. What does this mean?

Also, concerning the tropical plant in general, if the leaves are turning yellow, what does this generally indicate?

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mea505

p_june_1979

great group!

Reply to
p_june_1979

No too sure how this answers my question(s)

Reply to
Mea505

It's not exposed to cold or freezing is it?

Reply to
Manelli Family

There are two common factors for your leaves turning yellow. The first is to much direct sunlight and the second is, too salty or heavily-flouridated tap water. You must keep your plant away from direct sunlight and water only with filtered water or natural spring water.

Good Luck!

Reply to
tuckcarmela

Sorry I didn't follow this entire thread so this may have been said, but "Lucky Bamboo" is not bamboo, but a draceana of some sort and I have one which someone gave to me a few years ago. Every now and then I remove it from it's cute pot and wash the roots gently, and soak the little pebbles it sits in while in the pot. This can become rancid and usually does. When I dry it all out I use drinking water, not tap water, and I never feed them. I did miss a step. As I wash the pebbles I leave the freshly cleaned up roots sitting in a glass with the proper amount of liquid seaweed. One tablespoon per gallon. I use the rest to water my other plants. This is the only fertilizer I give this draceana. I may have misspelled it.

Reply to
Jangchub

g'day mark,

yes try the repotting as has been suggested, add some aquarium charcoal in the bottom this will help keep the water fresher.

also as has been said it is not "bamboo" in any shape or form, and a plant that normally survives in soil, being kept as a water culture feature inside is at all sorts of disadvantages.

also another issues could be your humidity in the house may be too dry, so aprt from giving it a misting say every couple of weeks through the growing season with a liquid fertiliser mixed at about 1/4 recommended rate, you my have to increase humidity and one way is to mist spray the plant at least once a day and more if needed, or the bathroom may be better suited?

air conditioners and central heating also affect indoor plants.

and whilst direct sunlight is not desired they still need good alround light for the health of the plant.

try repott snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

len gardener