Me and My Lucky Bamboo

I live in Florida, near Ocala. I have what I have been told is a "Lucky Bamboo" plant. About two weeks ago, I mistakenly left it outside for too long and it has been turning brown, getting worse. Does anyone know whether this plant can be cut, and then placed in water to get it to re-grow? Or can it simply be cut where the brown starts while remaining in soil?

Thanks,

Mark

Reply to
Mea505

Yes, it can be cut and rooted in water, gravel, or "water beads." The "water beads" seem to give very good results. Bright light (no sun) and rain water recommended.

Reply to
Phisherman

g'day mark,

is your plant already growing in a potting medium soil base?

also depends on what is meant by outside ie.,. was that in full sun and lots of wind?

these "not a bamboo" but 'dracaena' are garden plants for filtered sun well lit part of the garden.

you can trim off all damaged leaves and new ones wil grow you can cut the top off containing those damaged leaves and the botton bit will bud and grow, and the top bit(s) can be planted as cutting and they will grow.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 04:46:27 -0800 (PST), Mea505 wrote: snipped With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

len gardener