Good idea to have a wireless room thermostat fitted?

No I think that they do send a state change, but also an infrequent status. Because I know that when the battery goes flat in my sender, the receiver shows an error - presumably it hasn't recieved an update for too long..

Same goes for the oil tank monitor. That will show an error if it doesn't get a status signal for a certain period.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, I only use the BoilerJuice website as a quick finger-in-the-air to see the general trend. (I write down every quote in a little book.) Last time I needed oil (last August) I rang four suppliers and the cheapest (Goff Petroleum) was 38.5p when the BoilerJuice quote was several pence more.

Well, the house isn't large, despite being detached. The Wallstar in question is... (had to pop down to the drawer where I keep the manual)...

the model 15/20. It can certainly supply more heating/hot water than I would ever need. 20 minutes from tepid to piping hot for a decent bath can't be bad! Also, the house is *very* well insulated (though probably could benefit from even more in the roof space).

MM

Reply to
MM

I've got a 12KW boiler here heating over 2000 sq ft.

Its all about having insulation and a hot water tank.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Sorry, coming back late. Yes, I am aware of the installer menu and I am also aware of the ability to switch Optimised Start off. The weather is pretty warm anymore and the heating hardly kicks in, so we will see how it fares again when it gets cold. I had the CM907 before which also had the same optimisation and I did not bother with it much. I think that with the CM Zone system I am setting temperatures lower (because I am setting them individually and at TRV level) and I notice things more because of the motors.

Finally, many thanks for offering the PDF copy!

Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis

It doesn't.

What happens when one of the other rooms cools down (e.g. an outside door was opened) but the Hall is still warm?

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Does your "trusted" engineer know all this? If not, tell him and ask him to explain how a wireless stat will save *you* money.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q