Wireless room thermostat

I'm looking to install a wireless room thermostat. Does anyone have an

recommendations?

thanks Mar

-- mfoulsham

Reply to
mfoulsham

I went for a honeywell cm67-rf optimising stat, fantastic, I really can't fault it!

Mike

Reply to
Mike Hibbert

Wireless stats are invariably programmable so that you can set different temperatures at different times of the day, and use them as prime controllers for your heating system. I presume that's what you want - 'cos I don't think that there's a wireless equivalent of a bog standard stat.

The Honeywell RF range

seems to have a reasonable reputation.

I have no direct experience of these, but I have got a CM67 which is the wired equivalent - and which which does what it says on the box.

Reply to
Set Square

Digistat RF1 is a non-programmable wireless stat.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Summers

In that case, I stand corrected!

Are there any others? I was under the impression that by the time you had made a stat wireless, you may as well add programmable functionality for very little extra manufacturing cost.

Reply to
Set Square

I don't know of any others - but since the price of the RF1 is not really very much different from the RF2/3 then it makes little sense to go for it unless.... the digistat's are a little bit cumbersome in their settings (IMHO) and for someone who is used to a dial thermostat this might be just the thing.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Summers

I simply cannot believe that you have a special room just for listening to the wireless!

Reply to
Mr Fuxit

Thanks Mike. When you were looking to get the Honeywell did yo consider the Drafyton RF3?

Mar

-- mfoulsham

Reply to
mfoulsham

Just to point out that some of us with Drayton digistat RF controller have had problems - not that it doesn't work beautifully, just that th controls are hard to work out.

Fine if you have read the manual, but surely it's reasonable to expec (a reasonably intelligent individual) to work out central heating time controls without one - I've moved house oodles of times in the past an NEVER had problems working out how to set, reset and override th timer.

The main problem is that the CONTINUOUS/OFF/TIMED options are indicate by symbols (the same ones as you use when you are setting up the time and temperatures - the difference is that they are on the right instea of the left - how are you supposed to know???) and operated by a butto labelled SELECT. Which could mean anything!

After you've read the manual it all makes perfect sense, but until got hold of one I was baffled, and went to the extent of reprogrammin the whole device in my efforts to switch the damn thing off so that could leave the heating off when I went away for the week.

So my warning is - your whole household will need tutition in how t run the system, and it will be a considerable help if you are good a keeping manuals and handing them on to future occupiers. Otherwise the will be stuck, like me, and find themselves trawling through the web an other posts to newsgroups to trace the sites (invensys and worcester which have the pdfs

-- sugarhill

Reply to
sugarhill

I concur. I have one and although its ok, I won't be getting a Drayton again.

If only Horstmann did wireless programmable thermostats I would have got that instead.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Summers

I'd agree with that. It's actually somewhat compounded by the fact that once you do have it set up it requires changing relatively rarely

- the ability to have different temperature profiles for the weekend, set a floor temperature at night and during the day covers most things.

Once you've got that you usually just set to 'night' mode for the summer and if you're away from home. The rest of the time you're better off turning the stat up with the + and - buttons than switching to constant - that way it reverts to program at the next junction rather than getting left on for days.

Reply to
b33k34

The Honeywell CM67 is still the best I've found. Not cheap though.

Reply to
john.stumbles