Central Heating Wireless Room Thermostat

We have fairly old central heating boiler. This heats both the central heating and the hot water. We currently have Drayton Lifestyle LP241 programmer which controls the timing of the hot water and heating -

We have no room thermostat and would like to fit one. I have been looking at a Drayton RF3 Digistat -

I can find no reference to whether this would be suitable as a replacement for a control which operated both heating and water. I wonder if anyone can assist?

Many thanks.

Reply to
Lorenzo

Unfortunately the rf2 ad rf3 are single channel programmers/thermostats and designed mainly for combi boilers.

You could still use one in conjuction with the existing programmer to add a room stat to your set up. It would be cheaper to use just a wireless thermostat with the existing programmer than a programmable one.

What sort of system do you have?

A room stat is a good way of saving money but even better savings are to be had by using thermostatic rad valves as well.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth