glue for armitage shanks sink

I have just dropped a brick through my main armitage shanks sink. What glue is best? Car body filler, araldite?

'm off to the shops in an hour... [george]

Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Clear epoxy would be my first choice.

NT

Reply to
NT

araldite?

> I'm off to the shops in an hour...

i've been told on facebook that milliput fine is better than araldite, they're both epoxys arent they?

george [dicegeorge]

araldite?

> I'm off to the shops in an hour...

actually use Milliput white, which is a white pigmented and filled epoxy.

Similar to car body filler and very much good for reasonable ceramic repairs.

Ive used it a lot on terracotta..since the puppy knocked over the fake Grecian urn. It now stand with the repair in the corner and the bit that didn't break facing outwards. Quite a jigsaw..

For some reason available in CRAFT shops..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, and it is much better for this. Its formulated to do exactly what you want. setting time may be improved with a hot air gun or similar hot air blower.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

How does it stand up to moisture and heat? There are many formulations of "epoxy" some of which don't like either or both of damp/heat.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There is some italian two mix that is used for gluing sinks on to stone and they glue granite with it, I can not remember the name but ask the people who do granite bench tops.

Reply to
F Murtz

Bin it, buy a new one.

Reply to
Onetap

yes, its unmendable, the brick made more of a mess than i thought.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]