GlowWorm boiler failed after 2 years.....

Had a nice new Glow Worm 24Hxi boiler fitted two years ago. Started giving F1 errors last week. Just after I had arranged for a service.

I was hoping that the service would fix the problem but it hasn't.

It's three days inside the two year warranty. Glow Worm are coming on Friday - parts will be free.

Callout charge is £105 !!

Are these generally reliable or should I expect this annually now :-(

Roy

Reply to
RzzB

They are a reliable boiler - generally. A Valliant inside, who own Glow Worm. Vaillant give the full warranty, parts and labour.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Oh - So Valliant give a 2 year parts and labour warranty on basically the same product - just re-badged?

So are Valliant products more expensive than the Glow Worm - to cover the extra insurance?

Thanks for the info, Roy

Reply to
RzzB

Yes. Some of the component parts are superior quality.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel