Frame/Hammer fixings

Are frame and hammer fixings the same or are they different in their application & use? Some people call them the same, but for instance Screwfix categorise them differently & sell both types.

?cId=101149&ts=49565My experience of using hammer fixings is that I drill the hole (easily deep enough and the correct size) but when I hammer the fixing in - the nail often doesn`t go fully flush & I end up bodging it. Are some of these meant to be screwed in?

John

Reply to
John

AIUI both types need drilling to depth adequately and counter sinking to hide the heads. THe diffeence is that hammer ones are hammered in whole whilst the frame type are screwed into place after the sleeve has been hammered home.

Reply to
Ed Sirett