Frame fixings

Need to pull a bowed door jamb straight - 1/8" required can be obtained with
a one handed push and not leaning againt the othe jamb. Will a frame fixing
do the job - I've distorted window frames before now because of insufficient
packing but need to check that when I want to bend timber a frame fixing
will oblige.
PeterK
Reply to
PeterK
I think I would rather drill for a rawlplug and drive it fully through the door jamb into the wall then use a screw to pull the frame into line If I were to use a frame fixing I would brace the jamb to position first then put in the fixing. For good measure I would probably put some grip fill behind the frame before bracing it
Tony
Reply to
TMC
Yes, it will be fine - but jack the jamb straight before fitting it. If you try to wind it straight with the frame fixing, the plastic plug won't be far enough in.
Reply to
Roger Mills
Thanks to Roger & Tony. Perfect result by combining your recommendations - shortened the frame fixing to make a "rawlplug" by cutting off the "countersink head" and jacked the jamb "in" with a timber to the opposite jamb before fixing.
PeterK
Reply to
PeterK

Site Timeline Threads