Frame fixings for skirtings?

I've not used frame fixings, but I beleive the idea is that you can push the frame up against the wall and then hammer a combined plug and screw in and do it up.

Is that correct?

Do they have oversized screw heads?

Are they made in smaller sizes such as might suit a light load such as skirting?

If not is there something else which would avoid the need to keep taking the board off and on?

I don't want to go down the adhesive route, as that has already failed in this particular instance (actually it was mostly the plaster that came away rather than the glue - hot conservatory and duff plaster).

TIA

Chris

Reply to
Chris Holmes

Just use a normal screws and plastic plugs. Use plugs without a flange. Drill through board and into wall. Tap screw to push plug through board. Tighten. I countersink mine then use car body filler to hide screw head.

mark

Reply to
mark

Frame fixings don't countersink, so you would have to drill, countersink, then hammer in.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'd prefer normal plugs for that job so that you can adjust the tightness. I'd also use Gripfil, but more for the fill than the grip

Reply to
stuart noble

Thanks for all the replies. When they didn't come through instantly, I texted my brother in law to ask the same question, halfway through that, I remembered that I used to to this in the manner that Mark has suggested! The memory cells aren't what they used to be!

Cheers

Chris

Reply to
Chris Holmes