gas cannisters (the small ones used with blow torches)

Hi,

Here's an odd question:

I went to the scrap yard and I saw a skip full of small gas canisters, the type used with plumbers' blow torches.

The price for steel is not much and as these are very small, so very light, so I would not have thought it would be worth the bother of plumbers to collect them. Perhaps if they are taking scrap copper, they take the canisters at the same time?

Is it perhaps that the scrap yard keep them separate because there is some gas inside and it is a hazard?

TIA

Reply to
Fred

Were they used or new? Full or empty? They could be factory rejects

Reply to
harryagain

Some of the more modern bernzomatic and rothenberger ones are actually fairly sturdy cylinders these days - quite possibly reuseable.

I would expect so. They need disposing of in some way, so if you are going anyway.

Quite possibly.

Reply to
John Rumm