floating chipboard floor

would it be ok to lay a vapour barrier then T&G chipboard on top of a concrete floor without insulation ?

there's insulation under the 100mm concrete slab if that makes a difference.

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

Yes but I bet it creaks. Use a layer of sound deadening cork like you put under laminate floors.

Reply to
Mike

Would glueing the joins address the creaking?

NT

Reply to
bigcat

Not sure. I'd hate to tbe the person removing it in twenty years time though.

Reply to
Mike

Its chipboard and floating... easy

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I mean to add you can cut that stuf with a kitchen knife.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

The message from snipped-for-privacy@meeow.co.uk contains these words:

Flood it with water for a week and when it sinks take it out with a shovel. :-)

Reply to
Roger

heh, that would work. You might even be able to get it out with a shovel without wetting it.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

As youre laying it on crete theres no need to use 18mm, 12mm would be

100% fine.

NT

Reply to
bigcat